- 1kg Four Daughters Diced Beef (or the packet which is 1.2kg)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 level tablespoons curry powder (Old fashioned Keens is just great)
- 1 level tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 large tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 large tablespoon brown sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tin coconut cream
1.Place raw beef ( untrimmed - as the fat renders down and adds to the great flavour) into an ovenproof dish and sit to the side.
2.In a large saucepan heat the butter and fry chopped onion until soft.
3.Add crushed garlic and curry powder. Saute gently for a couple of minutes to bring out the oils in the curry powder.
4.Stir in the flour and then add stock.
5.Bring to a gentle boil, add chutney, sugar, lemon juice and season with S&P.
6.Take off the heat and pour the curry sauce over the meat.
7.Place in the oven for an hour or two. Half an hour before (or just before serving in our case) add the coconut cream.
SO EASY - great to eat that night and even better the next day!