- 1 kg beef rump steak, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion chopped medium
- 3/4 cup beef stock (liquid)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 400 g canned diced tomato
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs parsley chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat oil in pan and cook steak in batches until browned. Remove and add onion to same pan and cook until transparent.
- Return steak and add the stock, sauces, tomato paste, sugar and can of tomatoes.
- Simmer uncovered for 1½ hours.
- Add blended cornflour and water and stir until mixture thickens. Stir in the parsley.
- Transfer mixture to 3 or 4 individual pie dishes or 1 large one.
- Cover with pastry and decorate with leftover pieces of pastry.
- Brush with egg and bake at 200C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Try this recipe for yourself with our beef!
You can find this cut in our Premium Beef Box.
Share your recipe!
We'd love to hear from you, email your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org