We the girls were growing up we used to say we need to breed cattle with 2 tails as 1 was never enough – it still isn’t today!
1.5kg ox tail or beef ribs (for our family we use 2 tails and 1 can of beer – double the rest of the ingredients!)
¾ cup beer
¾ cup BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons jar garlic (or 2 cloves fresh garlic)
1 tablespoon of cornflour
Onions and carrots too!
- Place ox tails or beef ribs in a slow cooker.
- Mix all the above in a bowl (adding cornflour last – whisk to dissolve)
- Roughly chop the carrots and onions and add to the tail.
- Tip the liquid over the tail and
- Leave to cook overnight or all day.
- Put in fridge to cool and remove all the fat as this will have set.
- Re heat and eat the next day. Delicious!!
Serve with mash, crusty bread and greens. So simple, but you do need to have a day to leave this as the flavour only gets better.